The CBAM Ask page is a platform solely to assist healthcare practitioners in the field of aesthetic medicine to ask their questions and discuss their cases discretely with their colleagues and other experts in the field.
Who can use this service?
All CBAM members are able to use this platform. This service is available for Basic members until May 31, 2020. After this date, only Premium members will have access to this platform. Basic members will be able to see the posted questions; however, they will not be able to see the answers or ask new questions.
You have the option of asking your questions anonymously. Please note if you select this option, none of the other users will see your personal information; however, the administrative team will be able to see your name in case there is a need to contact you.
We only allow patient cases to be discussed on the platform if they do not reveal the identification of the patient directly (by mentioning their name or contact info) or indirectly (by posting their pictures).
If you require to share any images with colleagues and experts for feedback, the image must be altered to zero the chance of recognizing the patient.
Who can answer the questions?
All CBAM members are allowed to answer question. Please note all the answers will be reviewed by the CBAM team before it gets released onto the platform. Any irrelevant, abusive and/or advertising based answers will be removed from the platform. Some advertising related answers may be granted permission to post publicly if they are suggesting a type of treatment beneficial for patients.
If the discussion is about Laser Treatment via a specific device, utilization of the brand name will not be deemed as a promotion/advertising intention, rather it will help users to understand how to use that specific brand with improved efficiency.
Any user answering questions will have one of the labels below beside their name*:
- Expert Member: This indicates that the individual possesses basic eligibility for being considered as an expert in the field.
- CBAM Faculty: This indicates that the individual is one of the CBAM faculty members.
- CBAM Admin: If the Admin has announced any post or introduced any topic of discussion, it is labeled with this title.
*Please note basic members (until May 31, 2020) and premium members are allowed to post questions and also answer questions, however there is no label will appear beside their names.
Important notice: Please note that the Canadian Board of Aesthetic Medicine (CBAM) does not support or endorse any of the answers posted, even if they are provided by verified expert members or CBAM faculty. This discussion platform only serves to provide suggestions at the sole discretion of the user and CBAM is fully released from any responsibility.
What is the benefit of answering questions or discussing the cases?
CBAM will offer CBAM credits based on each answer provided by any member. Each relevant answer will provide a $5 credit for the the individual answering. CBAM credits can be used towards the purchasing of CBAM events (i.e. the Aesthetic Medicine Congress), upcoming CBAM courses, membership registration fees, and vouchers for ordering products and/or services.
Please note application of the credits may be subject to change in the future. Please read our updated terms and conditions.
Who is Expert Member?
If you are a physician or nurse and have at least 5 years experience in the field of Aesthetic Medicine and would like to apply for becoming an Expert member, please fill out this form along with your list of credentials and experiences. We usually approve the expert members conditional to evaluating their first 50 answers on the CBAM Ask.
If you are approved as an Expert Member, your name will be labeled as “Expert Member” in all your answers and also you will be given one page under your name where you can put your bio, practice information and sample pictures of your work.
What are the benefits of becoming a CBAM Expert Member?
- You will be known and promoted as expert in the field among the colleagues who are on the CBAM Ask platform
- You will have an individualized page for yourself under the CBAM website as “cbamedicine.com/yourname”. This page will include your information, practice address(es), your expertise, your bio and samples of work. As CBAM is very optimized on search engine, anyone searches your name, this page will also be shown on search engines. Since you are promoted as an Expert in the field, your public clients will give a credit to you and would trust you more.
- All expert members will receive 25% discount on all the CBAM courses, seminars, congresses and also annual membership fees.